Location: North London
This company is an award-winning independent travel company based in North London who are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and well-travelled sales consultant to join their team.
The Ideal candidate must have;
- 2 - 5 years' experience of working in travel, dealing with clients both face to face plus via email and phone.
- A proven track record of sales being knowledgeable (not necessarily expert) about European and long-haul destinations including weather patterns and resort attributes.
- Have the manner, temperament and eloquence to be able to connect and converse with the clients in order to close the sale, plus be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Be able to use Galileo and have a good understanding of airline fares.
- Experience of both selling ABTA packages with a good knowledge of independent tour operators plus being able to dynamically package under an ATOL licence using a wide variety of suppliers including bedbanks, direct contracts, internet booking engines such as Expedia and direct sell airlines.
- Passion for travel and to have travelled extensively, and keen to travel further.
- Desire to learn and improve knowledge.
Where we would compromise: -
- Worldwide long-haul destination knowledge not essential but can't just have specific continent knowledge such as just selling Australasia. The European mass market destination experience is more important for this role.
- Any GDS experience, or even none but must have an understanding of airline fares and booking classes.
- Extensive worldwide travel experience not essential but must have holidayed abroad regularly and have the desire to visit new destinations.
What we are offering: -
*Uncapped commission and Christmas bonus
*1 week paid educational trip per year plus the opportunity to take more out of own holiday time
*20 days holiday plus all bank holidays off.
*No unsocial working hours. Mon - Fri 9am - 5.30, Sat 9.30 - 1.30 with 1 day off during the working week. No Sundays. No Bank Holidays. No Easter Saturday.
*Summer and Christmas company hosted party
*Invites to many industry social events (not compulsory)
For this role you MUST have:
Comments are closed.